Even Grace and Maggie know that there’s nothing like the comfort of a food truck taco. These mouth watering carnitas hit all the high notes with just the right mix of spicy and tangy, perfectly complementing each other. Make them from the comfort of your own home and watch The High Note, premiering at home on demand on Friday, May 29.
• 1 Tbsp cumin
• 1 Tbsp oregano
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 Tsp olive oil
• 1 red onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1/4 cup chicken stock
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• fresh cilantro, cherry tomatoes, crispy fried onions, Mexican crema, and flour or corn tortillas for serving
1. Mix together cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and chili powder together in a small bowl.
2. Heat an electric pressure cooker to Sauté and add the olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
3. Stir in pineapple and lime juices, chicken stock and spice blend. Mix to combine then add the chicken breasts and stir to coat.
4. Hit Cancel, secure the lid set to Sealing and cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes. (The electric pressure cooker will take about 20 minutes to reach high pressure.)
5. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then set the lid to venting.
6. Once steam has fully released, remove the lid and use a couple of forks to shred the chicken. Garnish with cilantro and serve on warmed tortillas with your favorite toppings.