This simple treat is as sweet as a weekend ball hosted by the Weston’s—and much easier to prepare! As one of the most classic of treats, it has spread all over the world and there are versions of it everywhere. Enjoy your very own creation while watching EMMA., premiering now at home.
1 + 1/3 cup flour
¾ cups + 2 Tbps sugar
12 Tbsp butter
3 ¼ tsp baking powder
2 tsp whole milk
½ tsp salt
Topping & Filling:
1 cup Heavy Cream
¼ tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp Confectioners’ sugar
6 Tbsp strawberry jam
Confectioners’ sugar for garnish
1. Heat oven to 350º F
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
3. Cream butter & sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Beat eggs into the butter & sugar mixture until smooth.
5. Add in milk to the egg mixture.
6. Mix in flour mixture.
7. Grease and line 2 @ 8” cake pans with parchment paper.
8. Evenly divide cake mixture between the two cake pans.
9. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Cool for 10 mins on wire racks.
11. Unmold and cool completely.
12. Whip cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
13. Spread strawberry jam over one half of cake and top with whipped cream.
14. Place second cake on top and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar.
15. Slice a dozen strawberries and decorate the top of the cake.