You don’t choose your family but you choose what to share with them at the dinner table. If it just so happens that you and your family are not getting along - serve them a dish best served cold. These pork chops are as fierce as Mamma Blanche herself, except without the penchant for violence. Combine that with the creamiest mashed potatoes you’ve ever tried and you’ve got a winning combo.
For Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Loin Chops
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Minced Rosemary
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
For Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 ½ lbs Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 6 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan
For Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together butter, rosemary, and garlic.
- In an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil then add pork chops. Sear until golden, 4 minutes, flip and cook 4 minutes more, brushing the pork chops generously with the garlic butter mixture.
- Place skillet in oven and cook until cooked through (145°F for medium), 10-12 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining garlic butter and garnish with fresh rosemary. Ready to serve.
For Mashed Potatoes
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the half-and-half and the garlic over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and add Parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes to help thicken then serve.